A large part of the Navy’s tasks and operations are conducted at sea. These tasks require high-performance vessels which are capable of operating at sea regardless of the weather and ice circumstances for extended periods to time.
The Pohjanmaa multi-role corvette is a surface combatant capable of conducting effectively the range of Navy tasks at sea all year round.
You can read more about the technical specifications of the corvette here.
The corvette’s key capabilities and features include:
* ability to repel ships and other vessels
* ability to conduct mine laying
* ability to repel submarines
* ability to repel aerial vehicles
* ability to use fire on ground targets
* ability to command naval operations
* ability to operate at sea for extended periods of time
* operating ability all-year round: the vessel is capable of operating in harsh weather or ice conditions